Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hindi Film "Shanghai"

You have so far seen him in his casanova image in raunchy films but Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi believes his latest film “Shanghai” has given him a makeover.

“In 'Shanghai', directed by Dibakar Banerjee and released recently, one finds a new Emraan -- dark, with a paunch and buck tooth, far removed from the actor you have seen in box office hits like 'Murder', 'Gangster', 'Jannat' and 'Dirty Picture'. 

“For me, this film has reconstructed the perception that people had about me. After this, whatever role I play, it should be as unpredictable as this. I want to surprise the audience,” Emraan told reporters here last week while doing the promo of his latest movie. 

“I want to be an actor who presents his films to everyone. We know there is a divided audience. Some actors are safe and cater to one particular set of audience,” said the actor.
According to Emraan, Dibakar took the risk of making something “totally different” out of him in “Shanghai”, adapted from famous Greek author 

Vassilis Vassilikos' political novel set in Greece under military rule in 1960s.
Emraan is stunned by praise “that I have got for playing the role of Jogi Parmar (in 'Shanghai'). I have hardly ever heard such praise in my career.” And it has enthused him to do more films like “Shanghai”. 

“Shanghai” revolves around the greed and corruption of politicians, and boasts of an ensemble cast comprising Kalki Koechlin, Abhay Deol, Emraan and Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee.

No comments:

Post a Comment